Old April 9th 20, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default "Confusion reigns as states reverse course on 'essential' status for bike shops"

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 15:16:36 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 4/8/2020 2:56 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 12:19:45 PM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
sms wrote:
On 4/8/2020 10:51 AM, jbeattie wrote:

Presidents touting an untried drug leads to: (1) people killing
themselves with fish medicine or knock-off drugs sold on the internet,
(2) hoarding, (3) inflated expectations of miracle cures, and (4)
distraction from proven therapies. You don't just throw **** out to
make a media splash.

Proven therapies for the Boris flu? Tell us more, Doc Beattie!

Perhaps not the best choice of words. I was thinking of social-distancing, PPE, etc. Once people learn of a miracle cure -- like penicillin -- they're more likely to engage in risk-taking behavior, some quite fun. This is why we should ban helmets.

-- Jay Beattie.

Engage in risk taking behavior? Against the current
guidelines? Who would ever do such a thing?

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/couple...irus-lockdown/

Actually that would be allowed, I think, if they maintained the 2
meter "social distancing" :-)
--
cheers,

John B.