Old June 9th 20, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default “I was just playing on my phone”: driver’s excuse when cyclist asked why he’d stopped

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 2:50:48 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:

Still, all things being equal, if a lenient view was taken there would
be the option of him getting away with a telling off and/or possibly a
driver's awareness course type of thing, but who knows?

QUOTE:

The motorist responsible agreed to attend a driver alertness course after being spoken to by police and did not face criminal prosecution.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/c...-a4461076.html