Old June 3rd 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default downhill turning

"Michael" wrote in message
(snip) (oops ... didn't mean to whack off OP's info.)

- either you leave flesh on the pavement, or you don't.

That's my experience. More to the point, either it dumps or it doesn't.

What if you aren't on pavement? Last weekend I did loop to the north of
town. On the way back I had several choices. One, Jones Baseline, is dirt
but hard packed and really quite pleasant to ride, especially southward.
Another, 6th Sideroad N, is also dirt.

As I had never ridden 6th I decided to give it a try. It was an experience.
It had a thick gravel/stone surface rather than hard-packed. I don't know
why the difference, perhaps the latter was used less and retained it's
covering but going down some the hills - even on an mtb - was interesting.
the gravel was so thick I was concerned about my front wheel skidding out on
the steeper declines.