Old November 11th 03, 04:44 AM
Hans Kohb

Default Beating a NYC bike traffic ticket on a technicality

"JoeD" wrote in message
hlink.net

The ticket describes the infraction as " improper riding of bicycle" in
violation of section 1232 sub A.

Section 1232. Riding on bicycles.
(a) A person propelling a bicycle shall not ride other than upon or
astride a permanent and regular seat attached thereto, nor shall he ride
with his feet removed from the pedals.

I ride an older well maintained road bike with toe clips so the above
violation I am being accused of does not describe the infraction at all.
If the police officer shows up, can I assume that since he selected the
wrong violation that I would win on a technicality?

From your question, I get an impression that you may have comitted some
violation, but not the one you were cited for.

Would you care to share with us the "real" violation, and perhaps we can
evaluate your odds a little better.

Hans