Old October 16th 11, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Watch out, there's a thief about.

Three onto one again.

"Thieves escaped with hundreds of pounds worth of stolen items after robbing
a cyclist as he rode home last week.
Alex Davies, 40, was cycling along an alleyway near Long Grove Road in Epsom
at about 7.40pm on Tuesday, October 4, when three men blocked his path.

One of the men asked him for the time before demanding all of his
belongings.

Fearing for his safety, Mr Davies handed over his Hugo Boss wris****ch,
Apple iPhone, Blackberry, car keys, Apple iPod Shuffle, various debit and
credit cards plus several items of exercise clothing.

He said: "I just decided I was going to give them what they wanted, not
argue or try to be clever.

"I am recovering well but I am concerned for single ladies or kids out
walking in the same area as Epsom is the kind of place you think you are
safe."

Mr Davies was not injured during the robbery.

The first man was black, 6ft 3inches and wearing a black bomber-style jacket
with the hood up.

The other two men were black, about 5ft 9inches and were both wearing black
bomber-style jackets with the hood up.

One of the men had cornrows.

Mr Davies, according to a friend, was told by police that there had been a
number of similar incidents in Epsom recently, matching the perpetrators
descriptions.

Detective Constable Leigh Wall said: "I am keen to speak to anyone who
witnessed this robbery, especially two joggers who were in the area at the
time, or anyone who was in the recreation ground as you may have vital
information.

"The victim was intimidated by the three suspects and believed they would
hurt him if he did not comply with their demands.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n...d_on_way_home/

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/