Old December 10th 10, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default Alexi Grewal: worst teammate ever

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In his own, awesome words:

http://www.alexigrewal.com/index.php...olympics-in-la

" I was not thinking what I could do to help Davis, I was thinking how
I could use the situation to work all my rivals against each other"

"Phinney was wearing a skin suit.... The skinsuit was information I
filed away. Only one pocket was sewn into it and we faced a hot,
hilly two hundred kilometer race. One feed zone per lap on a
downhill, right near the start finish, wearing a skin suit with one
pocket was to rely on the unreliable."

"Two laps to go Davis asks me for food. I lied, said I don’t have
any, I justified it in my mind by thinking I might need it myself."

The 1984 Olympics was not only all-amateur, but a boycotted Games. Winning it was
meaningless. After Grewal won his gold medal he got all Bill Johnson about it.
That explains why he believes in God and thinks he's going to race Quiznos. Both
are delusions.

Although I am grateful he beat Phinney because had he won the gold medal him and
Connie would be wearing those meaningless medallions to sleep every night and still
talking about them everytime someone comes to interview them about their son.

Okay, I'm ready for you, Carl.

Magilla