Old July 15th 18, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default 29er "pedals easier"

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 10:00:27 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have a friend who just bought a new 29"-wheel Motobecane MTB and swears that, due to the larger-diameter wheels, it "pedals easier" than his old 26"-wheel MTB did.

Have you ever heard anyone say this before? I have.

Since the contention does not seem correct to me, I was just curious about how you gentlemen would respond to it?

Trek has an advertisement that says that the largr wheels roll easier.
My locak bike shop has one posted next to the door :-)