Old March 24th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default It's like a new bike, but cheaper

Those of you who saw me at the York Rally last year may remember
that my rear mudguard was snapped in two and flapping about.

Well, I've finally mended it. And a few other bits

New types (37mm Schwable Marathon Plus)
New SKS 'guards
New chain
New tight ratio 12-23 8 speed cassette
New chainset (very cheap Alivo)
New front mech
New flat pedals so my feet don't slip off in the wet

And I've also finally fitted the replacement light sensor
for my Shimano Dynohub that I was kindly given.

It's like having a new bike! Everything is clean, all the
gears work and everything. No longer do I have to remember
to only change the front changer when in gears 3 or 4 at
the back (or else the chain would fall off). No annoying clunk
of chain on bent front mech every revolution when in the big
ring. Tyres with grip! Yea!

The bike is now one of the few with an Alivo chainset and
an XT rear mech though I suspect

--
Arthur Clune