Old December 11th 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default This is getting expensive (helmets)

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

aka Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Dec 10, 7:16 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
Ouch. Not physically, but financially. I've broken two Giro Atmos helmets
in
crashes this year.

Then yesterday
I'm riding the "punchbowl" (a dried-up reservoir with steep sides that you
can ride down into and up the other side... lots of fun!) and didn't quite
get the speed right to land on the 4-ft-wide berm, causing me to grab a
bit

To add some fuel to the fire, I will mention that "going over the bars"
is EXTREMELY unlikely on a proper recumbent bicycle.

Riding the punchbowl is even less likely.

Can someone post pictures of this "punchbowl"?

Note that Mike Jacoubowsky's first "header" did NOT occur in the
"punchbowl".

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter