Old September 21st 08, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Default Islabikes new range

Phil W Lee wrote:
Philly considered Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:14:40 +0100 the
perfect time to write:

Phil W Lee wrote:
JNugent considered Fri, 19 Sep 2008
09:06:39 +0100 the perfect time to write:

Peter Clinch wrote:

David Damerell wrote:
That you think operating lethally dangerous machinery in public is "fun"?
I do, reasonably often. I think a lot of other people do too. Just
because it's /potentially/ lethally dangerous doesn't mean I'm going to
kill someone enjoying the heady mix of scenery and lovely driving on
e.g. the A701 down to Moffat.
I enjoy working with bill-hooks and axes at times too.
Although it's not personal my cup of tea (as a born and bred townie), I also
hear that some people derive great pleasure from hunting and shooting, using
potentially deadly weapons.

But DD presumably thinks that such things are highly immoral and destructive
of society.
I would argue that both of these are incompatible with crowded areas,
making them ideal comparisons to the motor car.

So private cars are "incompatible" with the people who wish to use them?
Damn, Phil, you've uttered some pretty stupid crap (I'm still laughing
at your 'forgery' complaint) but this is a corker even by your standards!

Classic strawman.
The discussion was about using private cars for FUN.

And is there anything wrong with having fun?