Old June 6th 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Slayin' it

On Jun 5, 12:13*pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
wrote:
On Jun 5, 8:46*am, RicodJour wrote:

On Jun 5, 11:14*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Amit Ghosh wrote:

but if wiggins - who rides 4:15 pursuits - is an also ran in GTs and
classics, how is taylor phinney going to win those races ?

One of your base assumptions seems to be that Phinney has
reached his physical peak at age 18. If that is true then
you are correct, his career is not likely to exceed that
of Wiggins.

Of course it's true. *Have you ever seen a rider improve through their
20's? *Of course not.

Dumbass -

Not only does it apply to bike racing, it applies to everything.
Everyone maxes out their abilities when they're 18.

Wanking, for instance.

Flaw in my argument there - why isn't everybody
in RBR 18, then? Perhaps RBR is not as big a wankfest
as it could be, because we're not 18. Scary, that.

Ben