Old May 20th 20, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Madness: Driver almost hits oncoming vehicle while overtakingcyclist - SIMON

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 5:03:07 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 3:06:04 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

...when I was investigated, they discovered that I never took a meal or tea break and so they forced me to have them,
during which I could post about cycling matters to urc using company IT. In fact, they always encouraged us to use the
internet as it was "free IT training".

I think it is heinous that anyone should take a grievance they have
with someone on usenet and then anonymously and maliciously take it
out into real life. That in itself is bad enough, in my opinion.

That's why I took the letter to the police. It was obviously a malicous communication meant to cause me distress and alarm.

There you go, that says enough.

Sounds like a trauma none of us would like to go through. Even without
knowing the exact details, it's like you said, nasty people.

The worst thing was having senior management having to go through pages of hateful messages celebrating the deaths of toddlers on bikes, rejoicing when old cyclists died of heart attacks and much worse. All in the most disgusting of language.

Poor Guy Chapman had nutters ringing his wife up in the early hours on pay phones and hanging up. Calling him a murderer and publishing personal details incuding the names of his children, his phone number and medical details online. Nasty people indeed.