Old August 10th 20, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Road Funding

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 6:30:34 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
We have heard a lot about Road Tax on this group and how cyclists don't pay it even though Winston Churchill abolished the Road Fund Licence in 1936

I propose we introduce a Road Fund based on the fourth power of axle loading as that is the internationally accepted metric for road damage,

This means if a typical 10kg pedal cycle commands £1 per year a typical 1000kg car will command £10million per year.

I have no problem with this but I suspect motorists will.

What about zero CO2 emitters like electric cars?