Old October 13th 04, 03:55 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message
news:J30bd.117268$He1.112172@attbi_s01...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"MasterBlaster" wrote in message
news:ZqPad.32260$663.22778@edtnps84...

"Edward Dolan" wrote

I come from a long line of name calling gentry and I am to the manor
born.

Was that the manor on 4th Ave, just south of Park Lane?

Sort of in the middle of this view (old pic)...?
http://terraserver-usa.com/image.asp...24164&z=15&w=1

Yes, I am at the house that is the only remaining house in the downtown
core. It is the oldest house in town still standing at 125 years.
However,
when I go (die) the house will go with me as it has not been kept up over
the years.

perhaps if u didn't post so much you'd have more time to keep up the house

It is strictly a cost thing. My parents let the house go and it is now a
hopeless situation. The only thing I am doing is trying to prevent the city
inspector from condemning the place as uninhabitable. I am in a race with
the house as to who is going to go first, me or it.

However, the very best thing about Worthington is that I can be out in
the
relatively unspoiled countryside in three minutes on my bike where I can
have hundreds of miles of blacktop all to myself except for the
occasional
local farmer coming into town for some shopping. You couldn't pay me to

live
in a large city or metro. I am smart enough to know when I am well off.

big whoop, I can do the same thing where live in Dallas Ft/Worth

I mean I can be out of town and in the countryside in three minutes on my
bike. But the town itself is a very pleasant place to ride your bike. I do
not go out of town as much anymore as I used to.

I have relatives who live in the Chicago metro and frankly it is a horror to
cycle there. Normally, if you want to access the countryside, you will have
to put your bike in the car and drive for a couple of hours though heavy
traffic to even get to the country. What possible fun can that be? I think
all metros are pretty much like Chicago. You are trapped like a rat in a
cage.

Small towns here in the Upper Midwest are a paradise on this earth and
sooner or later the whole world will want to live here. The only thing that
keeps folks in the cities is their jobs. Otherwise, it is no contest.

I have the police scanner on all night when I am up and do you know what all
the calls are about. Yup, you guessed it - barking dogs and playing music
too loud. And these very minor problems are taken care of with dispatch by
the police. Sometimes I just can't believe how civilized my home town is.
You should all be so lucky as to live in a small town in the Upper Midwest.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota