Old May 13th 20, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Olympic cycling champion Callum Skinner launches 'rear view glasses'

On 13/05/2020 10:35, Peter Keller wrote:
On 13/05/2020 04:02, JNugent wrote:
On 12/05/2020 11:57, Simon Mason wrote:

On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 3:19:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
Â* Olympic champion Callum Skinner and physicist Alex Macdonald have
today announced the launch of the Kickstarter campaign for a new
cycling safety product it is claimed aids awareness when on the road.

The company called HindSight is pushing what it calls "rear view
cycling glasses", which is sunglasses with a mirror section.

You are better off with a rear facing camera that saves evidence of
poor driving and illegal close passings.

You are actually better off with mirrors, so that you can know what is
happening behind you and be in a position to react appropriately to it.

I seem to manage fine by what I don't wear.
I don't wear ear plugs, headphones etc.

Good.

A mirror would still help.

Remember that fashion in the mid-sixties for Lambrettas and Vespas to be
fitted with about twenty mirrors each?

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/TRTM5C/modern-day-scooter-in-old-style-mods-rockers-detail-TRTM5C.jpg

Perfectly SFW.