Old June 21st 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default A good time for 10km TT?

Bret wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:

in message . com, Bret
') wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:

As someone pointed out - the fastest TT ever was Greg LeMond using
aero bars. Maybe you'd like to explain to us the reason that total
wind tunnel tuning, total aero equipment and total dedication hasn't
been able to break that record again? After all, that was 17 years
ago. Are you telling us that aero hasn't improved immeasurably since
then?

Wow. It was the fastest TDF TT at the time, but Boardman has since
bested it. It was also wind aided and so useless for comparison
purposes. You need to find a better factoid to bolster your straight
from the gut assumptions. Do you know you have more nerve endings in
your gut than you have in your head?

I suppose CURT HARNETT has the fastest TT ever (flying 200m) if you
ignore paced and downhill TTs.

Errr. Sam Whittingham. But he was using aero equipment.

Right. I was one disclaimer short there. I should have said, "if you
ignore paced, downhill and wingnut TTs".

Even if you stick to Grand Tours, Rik Verbrugghe has gone faster in a
Giro prologue.