Old August 13th 03, 11:21 PM
Cliff Weisgerber

Default What do you guys think of Brooks saddles? Are they goofy or what?

Rick Onanian wrote in message ...
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:50:15 -0500, Stan Shankman
wrote:
Would anyone seriously consider using a Brooks saddle when building up a
new road bike?

I'm just wondering what the popular consensus is. What about leather in
general?

This morning, I finally took a look at some leather saddles,
mostly Brooks, online. The posts I've seen regarding them
convinced me that they're worth a try.

Then, I saw pictures of them. Now, I'm not terribly shallow;
I take function over form anyday. However, they look to darn
silly to me, and I imagine I'd look at the bike and say to
myself "Naw, maybe I'll ride tomorrow instead".

I am quite comfortable in my plastic saddles, so I don't
find a need to change. If I find discomfort, I may yet
try a Brooks, ugliness [subjective, of course] be damned.

Anyone?

- Stan Shankman

Buy it and ride it, you'll like it. Don't let it dry out. Wear
cycling shorts or black pants.