Old August 14th 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dre[_3_]

Default Prevent chain dump?

"Winston" wrote in message
Hi all,

I replaced my three speed front chainwheel with a single - speed.
(I never used the two smaller chainwheels and this solved a nasty
chainline issue, mostly.)
Then I removed the front derailleur (SP!)

My modification works great most of the time but I did have one
tiny issue.

When pedaling uphill, I lost the chain off the front chainwheel once.
It dumped outboard, towards the right pedal.

Other than re-installing the front derailleur (SP!), is there a
chain guiding dohickey that I can install to prevent the chain
dump from happening again?

Thanks!

--Winston

Yep, a chain guide for downhill bikes. They have a single ring up front, no
front derailluer and a chain tensioner/guide.

I have one on my DH bike and the hardtail I'm building up atm. I run a 9
speed 11-32 cassette and have plenty of range for what I do...

MRP, Blackspire, E-13 are a few brands that can get you started...

Cheers Dre