Old August 14th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default Prevent chain dump?

In article XUNok.823$_H1.21@trnddc05,
Winston wrote:

Hi all,

I replaced my three speed front chainwheel with a single - speed.
(I never used the two smaller chainwheels and this solved a nasty
chainline issue, mostly.)
Then I removed the front derailleur (SP!)

My modification works great most of the time but I did have one
tiny issue.

When pedaling uphill, I lost the chain off the front chainwheel once.
It dumped outboard, towards the right pedal.

Other than re-installing the front derailleur (SP!), is there a
chain guiding dohickey that I can install to prevent the chain
dump from happening again?

Lightest (!!!) solution is the old derailleur,
sans cable, sans shifter. Set the stops to lock
its positions and Bob's your uncle.

--
Michael Press