Old December 16th 04, 06:14 PM
Jim Edgar

Derk at wrote on 12/16/04 9:35 AM:
Now the problem: both the old wheelset and the new one are CXP33 rims and I
hoped this could be swapped without problems. But no, the brakes have to be
adjusted. Now the problem: whatever I do, the left brake shoe is closer to
the rim than the right brake shoe. As a matter of fact it is too close to
the rim.

-How do I adjust the brake in such a way that both brakeshoes touch the rim
at the same time?
-How do I get the left brakeshoe to be positioned further away from the rim?

It would help to know specifically what brakes you have.

There are a couple variables in the equation:

Brake pads with a smooth post that are held by a fixing bolt
- or -
Brake pads which are threaded and are spaced by washers

Some canti's have centering adjustments near the mounting bolt (where the
brake is attached to the canti post on the frame).

Also, one of your wheelsets may not have been centered correctly, or you
might double-check that you have the new one all the way into the dropouts.

Hope that helps,

- Jim

--

CycloFiend

to reply directly, replace the dashes to create the name above