Old December 17th 04, 07:25 AM
A Muzi

Derk wrote:

Hi,

I ruined a wheel on my old bike today. I take the wheels out of my CX bike,
put them in my old bike and mount a better set of wheels in my CX bike.

Now the problem: both the old wheelset and the new one are CXP33 rims and I
hoped this could be swapped without problems. But no, the brakes have to be
adjusted. Now the problem: whatever I do, the left brake shoe is closer to
the rim than the right brake shoe. As a matter of fact it is too close to
the rim.

-How do I adjust the brake in such a way that both brakeshoes touch the rim
at the same time?
-How do I get the left brakeshoe to be positioned further away from the rim?

I haven't figured out this braking system yet....

The most common centering problem is a wheel not installed
in the center of the frame/fork. Slip your fingers between
the tire and the frame on both sides at once.

The opposite problem is the brakes may have been set up with
the wheel not centered. If that's the case, remember to
check that before doing brake adjustments! The immediate
symptom is one shoe high and one low.

Otherwise for centering, make sure the pads are equal
distance from the arms and then use the fine adjust screw to
balance the spring tension.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org