Old July 13th 03, 09:41 PM
Tom Kunich

Default Exit Fassa Bortolo

"Stephen Ferguson" wrote in message
Much as I hate it when other people cast aspersions, anyone remember

the
Tour at which the whole PDM team quit, when they used contaminated
masking agent (in order to cover up their doping activities)?

They tried to claim it was food poisoning at first ......

Get it straight - they were using a perfectly legal compound that they
IV'd into their riders. It was supposed to add calories while
re-hydrating the riders. Because it contained a sugar it spoiled when
unrefrigerated.

It gave all of us the willies to think of riders laying there being
IV'd after a race is all.

But when I was at the jounior nationals in Texas one year most of the
front groups were in the medical tent afterwards being re-hydrated
with IV's in order to be able to pee into the cup. There must have
been twenty riders in there. My middle daughter had to have two bags
just to get to the point where she could pee at all.