Old July 19th 03, 04:20 AM
Tom Kunich

Default Exit Fassa Bortolo

"warren" wrote in message
In article et,

Tom
Kunich wrote:

"Stephen Ferguson" wrote in message
Much as I hate it when other people cast aspersions, anyone

remember
the
Tour at which the whole PDM team quit, when they used

contaminated
masking agent (in order to cover up their doping activities)?

They tried to claim it was food poisoning at first ......

Get it straight - they were using a perfectly legal compound that

they
IV'd into their riders. It was supposed to add calories while
re-hydrating the riders. Because it contained a sugar it spoiled

when
unrefrigerated.

It gave all of us the willies to think of riders laying there

being
IV'd after a race is all.

But when I was at the jounior nationals in Texas one year most of

the
front groups were in the medical tent afterwards being re-hydrated
with IV's in order to be able to pee into the cup. There must have
been twenty riders in there. My middle daughter had to have two

bags
just to get to the point where she could pee at all.

Mapei doctor told me they use IV fluids for rehydration because if

they
try to add back all that fluid through the stomach it dilutes the
digestive juices too much.

You know Warren, you are a mine of information. That is something I
hadn't thought about and probably the reason that I get the runs after
a couple of days of hard riding where I end up drinking a great deal
of liquids.