Old May 15th 19, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Alternatives to the old "Flick-Stand" kickstand

On 5/15/2019 2:15 PM, wrote:
I stumbled upon this while trying to find information about Flickstand. Apparently, it's no longer manufactured.

I bought this alternative:
https://steerstopper.com/

It works VERY well, even better than Flickstand! Easier and more convenient to use. I have it mounted on my Trek Step-thru frame.

The downside is it's a little expensive, but it's worth it.

IIRC, the Flickstand had the additional benefit of stopping the front
wheel's rotation, making the bike even more stable.

I stop the front wheel (but don't lock the steering) when parked by use
of a sort of stair-stepped wedge thing crammed into the upper side of
the squeezed brake lever. Blackburn used to make them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cycleseven/8196756476

I make my own, varying the design depending on the brake lever.

--
- Frank Krygowski