Old May 16th 19, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Alternatives to the old "Flick-Stand" kickstand

On Wed, 15 May 2019 15:50:49 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On 5/15/2019 2:15 PM, wrote:
I stumbled upon this while trying to find information about Flickstand.
Apparently, it's no longer manufactured.

I bought this alternative:
https://steerstopper.com/

Looks dodgy to me. the second guys problem is that despite their so
called great device, all his bike would fall over. hint, you nee to lean
the bike against and not away from the pole/table/etc.

It works VERY well, even better than Flickstand! Easier and more
convenient to use. I have it mounted on my Trek Step-thru frame.

The downside is it's a little expensive, but it's worth it.

nother down side it that it is another bit of junk on your top bar.

IIRC, the Flickstand had the additional benefit of stopping the front
wheel's rotation, making the bike even more stable.

I stop the front wheel (but don't lock the steering) when parked by use
of a sort of stair-stepped wedge thing crammed into the upper side of
the squeezed brake lever. Blackburn used to make them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cycleseven/8196756476

I make my own, varying the design depending on the brake lever.

Close peg!