Old August 10th 18, 03:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Flat repair

On 2018-08-10 05:12, Andy wrote:
On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 1:14:13 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
I had to repair a flat. Have some questions.

Is it best to apply patch to a completly flat tube?

I found a small copper wire in tire.

Is there something to minimize what can puncture tire?

Thanks

What is a good quality tire liner?

I found Mr.Tuffy liners to be quite good. Stay away from cheap thin and
lightweight stuff.

I never ride without them. I also have thorn-resistant tubes in both
bikes (yes, also the road bike). In the MTB tires the liner is
additionally covered by a non-inflated slit regular tube to prevent
chafing. All this increased the weight of each bike by a few pounds but
not having flats is so worth it. Didn't have a flat in years and I ride
through some nasty turf which includes lots of these thorns:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...idum_seeds.jpg

In observance of Murphy's law they usually lay on the ground with the
long protrusion pointing upwards.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/