Old August 25th 15, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Dump the pump - yet another victory

On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 10:55:46 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:
"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 08:30:52 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:
"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 03:15:26 UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
"The cyclist, meanwhile, could ride directly to the finish line, where
City bike rack is located."

I mentioned that advantage just a couple weeks ago here.

At big box stores I cycle right up to the flag pole, tree, sign post or
bike rack next to the entrance, lock the bike and I'm cycling home with
my
staple good, i.e., milk, flour, pasta, beer, chicken gizzards, wilted
greens, moldy bread, etc., before a motorist can even make it across the
huge parking lot.

I'm working on getting them to allow cycling into the store and down the
aisles to save even more time -- "zero stop shopping."

One problem with cycling into some banks is the trap doors need to open
faster.

I have cycled to some shops and taken my bike inside - the ones that
object,
I refuse to patronise anymore and use friendlier ones instead.

Jesus Christ!

It's called voting with your feet - they allow disablity scooters, prams,
pushchairs and baby buggies in.

Listen, If anyone was stupid enough to allow you to bring a bike into their
shop, it would only mean it was because they thought you were an escaped
lunatic and were worried about you bringing out a claw hammer or large knife
before the police arrived.

Normal people would most definitely avoid any shop that allowed people to
bring their bikes inside.

That's why I'm calling bull**** on this story.

I used to cycle to WH Smith on my way home to buy a few magazines every month and the woman on the till let me park my bike just inside the door as there were no stands outside.

One day, some young trainee herbert asked me to take it out, so I put my items back on the shelves and never went back in again.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/kugFt9Be7X8[1-25]