Old October 9th 17, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 8:59:19 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 20:54:07 +0100, Simon Jester wrote:

On Monday, October 9, 2017 at 5:44:08 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-over-11312818
--
Bod

I suppose that is the best we can expect from the courts in this day and age.
To convict him of dangerous driving would require his driving to fall below that expected of a normal driver and his behaviour is normal for motorists.
Quite how threatening to run someone over with 2 tonnes of metal became acceptable behaviour is beyond me.
If you put a gun to someones head and threatened to shoot them because they were in your way you would be in prison for life.

Explain why the cyclist pulled in front of him without using his mirrors.

The cyclist did not have mirrors.