Old July 13th 19, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Tommie's grocery bills.

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 18:30:12 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 9:21:23 PM UTC-4, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 09:58:51 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Someone like you that considers the reporting of a grocery bill as I do
as "bitching"

Well, it is completely useless as "grocery bills" vary from location to
locationmeven when they are the same items.

When I was organising vehicile supported "club tours" it rapidy became
obvious that purchasing all the groceries locally was far cheaper that
coninual shopping as we went along. The burg I lived in had strong
competition in grocery items.

I went from the Broadview Gerrard area of Toronto Canada to LeBreton Flats in Ottawa and I was shocked at the difference in prices of everyday foods like bread, jelly and peanut butter. Things were far more expensive in that area of Ottawa than they were in that area of Toronto.

Cheers

I find the same thing even shopping in different shops, in the same
town, for the same label. Foodland is a large grocery store with a
number of branches in at least two cities here. Tesco-Lotus is a
department store with a large groceries department with branches all
over the country. The same item - with the same label- is normally
more expensive in Foodland.
--
cheers,

John B.