Old July 14th 19, 08:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On 14/07/2019 00:24, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:01:15 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:

A discussion down there --v or up there --^ reminded me CO2 cartridges
come in a least two connectors, threaded and not. I've been caught by this.

Why the difference? Who cam first?

Years and years ago there was a device consisting of a glass bottle
with an attached CO2 cartridge, called a "siphon" was used to make
carbonated water for mixing drinks.
http://www.easywhip.com/soda-siphons.html

I believe that the original CO2 cartridges were threadless.

Having a peer about I found

https://www.amazon.com/POWERAXIS-Inf.../dp/B07Q2QDP6P

Which is compatible with both threaded and unthreaded. Good idea imho
as non threaded are cheap and easily available.