Old July 17th 19, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Electronic Shifting Replay

It is kind of weird that you can do absolutely everything hydraulically that you can do with electronics. Just that it is so damned complicated and expensive that no one wants to do it that way.

Another thing is that you can use gear mechanisms to accomplish these things as well but with mechanical losses though of what amount I couldn't even guess.

Was it Andre or Joerg that was talking about a 14 speed internally geared rear hub. That would truly be interesting to ride and see how much losses it generated versus our normal chain and derailleurs.