Old July 14th 18, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Random Highway Code Testing

On 14/07/18 14:18, Simon Jester wrote:

Should the traffic police have the power to stop a motorists and
require them to take a highway code test. If they fail to answer 4
out of 5 question they have 6 months to take/retake the theory test
or they revert to provisional.

One question could be:

If you see a white circular sign with a red border and the number 30
in the middle, what is the maximum speed you can drive at:-

A 30mph B: 35mph C: 30mph+10%+2mph D: I pay road tax E: It was the
cyclists fault F: I am an above average driver so I drive according
to the conditions.

Version 2.

If there is a pavement and lots of buildings alongside the road and you
*don't* see a white circular sign with a red border with a number in the
middle what is the maximum speed you can drive at?

a) I'm supposed to look at the road so I can't see what's alongside
b) if I go below 30mph my willy will drop off
c) my car can be abandoned anywhere I want
d) anybody not using a car must be hooted at
e) it's soooo unfair