Old October 16th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Melinda Shore

Default Helmet-Cam

In article . com,
wrote:
A jerky picture from a solid mount on the ATV isn't too surprising,
but the pixelated motion really messes things up. Looking at the cute
dogs it looks fine, but when you move the camera, the deck planks turn
to mosaic. Is that YouTube?

That is - the codec in the camera is fine (I think the color
problems are in the CCD) and the frame rate is certainly
adequate. The ATV weighs about 450 lbs (it's a small one)
and does a nice job of absorbing jolts. The rig is a lot
smaller. It's got a Manitou R7 on the front and it *feels*
like a nice ride when we're underway, but with the camera
mounted on the bars the resulting video is hideous above ~12
mph or so. I haven't tried wearing the camera myself and
that might make a big difference.

I think that if you've got the money to blow it's worth the
very reasonable price and it's fun to mess around with.
It's just pretty limited. But again, I think you probably
get your money's worth.