Old August 13th 12, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_10_]

Default Pavement motorist causes serious injuries to 11 year old.

On Aug 13, 7:16*am, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 13/08/2012 06:59, Doug wrote:

Pavement cyclists beware, this could happen to you! If you think
riding on pavements is safer than using roads then think again!

"An 11-year-old girl was seriously injured when she was hit by a car
as she walked down a street.

The car struck a wall before hitting the girl and a woman and coming
to rest in a garden, police said.

Paramedics were called to the junction of Warstones Drive and Hamble
Road in Wolverhampton at 18:45 BST on Friday.

The girl is in a serious but stable condition. The woman and driver
were not seriously injured.

Insp Mark Watkins, from West Midlands Police, urged any witnesses to
contact the force.

"The young girl has suffered serious injuries and we have launched a
full investigation into how the car came to leave the road and collide
with her and the other pedestrian."

The road was closed for several hours while the vehicle, a Nissan
Almera, was recovered."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-19222815

-- .
A driving licence is sometimes a licence to kill.

Can you tell me of the injuries to the cyclist?

When will you learn to read properly?