Old September 9th 05, 12:20 PM
Mark Leuck

Default Do Recumbents Crash More Than Regular Bikes?

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
I am overweight (250 lbs, probably a little less back when I owned the
Vision) but the bike shop owner knew this when he sold me the bike. I am

one
of those people who is in the "fat but fit" category. This means that when

buy a piece of athletic equipment, it actually gets used.

I had concerns about the Vision seat from day one but the shop told me

that
it would not be a problem. I had dealt with them before so I trusted them.
For the first year it wasn't a problem. The seat coming undone happened in
year 2. I can only conclude that the only way that seat will work for
heavier riders is if they don't actually ride much.

Vision did finally send me a version of the seat that didn't depend on
Velcro to stay on the frame but by that time I had already lost confidence
in the bike and was looking to sell it.

Jeff

I was 260 when I bought my Vision and had no problems with the seat