Old November 3rd 05, 02:46 AM
Pat

Default Bike Friday New Release SatRday

:
: This bike looks very cool to me. The folding aspect really appeals to me,
: particularly because it would make it so much easier for me to toss
: (carefully place) it in my car and get to some nice cycling spots.
However,
: the bike costs about $2700 or so...and up from there. It's pretty hard for
: me to justify spending this much money on a bike, but then again, you only
: live once, and with enough effort I'm sure I can justify it. Most of the
: stuff I read about these bikes (the last model) is quite positive. Are
these
: bikes overpriced? Any thoughts/advice would be most appreciated.

I don't have a SatRDay, but I do have a Pocket Gnu. It is top quality in
every aspect. The bike is well thought out, well made, and sturdy. I just
got back from a 10 day trip to Ireland where I rode the bike everywhere I
went. I figure that I can "deduct" the cost of renting a car and paying for
the gasoline during the trip from the cost of the bike originally. That way,
I'll be inclined to go on more trips until I "get the bike paid off".
Oh--and the company's customer service is great, too. Their service doesn't
stop after the sale.

Pat in TX
:
: