Old May 17th 20, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default State your opinion on COVID-19

On 5/17/2020 1:20 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 10:02:49 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/17/2020 11:35 AM,
wrote:

The "excess mortality" for the US is about .3 per 100,000 or 960 people for this country. Accepting that there are fewer traffic deaths but vastly higher alcohol and suicides due to the lockdown any fool could see that the overwhelming majority of deaths were NATURALLY occurring from pre-existing health conditions.

Saturday's paper suggests some 30,000 excess deaths, not
960. Did you mean 'county' rather than 'country' perhaps?

And whichever it is (We may know more much later. Or not.)
the problem of 'garbage in= garbage out' remains. It's at
least very early for any after action report.

What I have been saying from the start is that everything is being based upon CDC statistics which have now been shown to be garbage.

This is why I want the CDC closed down and the statistics that they kept be subcontracted out to universities which are far less likely to be politicized ...

Tom, you're not keeping up with the right wing political message!
According to the right, universities are evil, liberal places infested
with democrats.

So it just won't do to entrust the data to universities. Heck, they're
likely to look at (gasp!) facts!

We know you don't like those trained and tested medical researchers,
statisticians, mathematicians, etc. at the CDC. And God forbid we should
let the WHO researchers have a say!

There's only one solution: Once again, we should turn the problem over
to an unemployed high school dropout with no experience at all in
processing relevant data. We can find one in California.

Hey, as we know, he needs the money. Grocery prices are up!

--
- Frank Krygowski