Thread: Assembly of Di2
View Single Post
Old January 27th 20, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Assembly of Di2

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 9:43:42 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
It occurs to me that I should install the hydraulic brakes before I attach the electronic wiring. What do you think?

Well, I have put the Di2 together. And nothing works. The possible sources of error a

1. The wiring is incorrect. I assumed that the left and right shifters would go into the left and right connector of to two holes of the 5 hole Stem unit. The manual is not clear about this so it was ad lib.

2. The new battery could be flat. I have no way of measuring the voltage under load but the unloaded voltage is 8 volts and Shimano says that 7 something volts is a full charge. I bought a new charger but I don't think it was new since it didn't come in a box or sealed plastic bag and when I questioned the seller he promptly returned my money and said that I could keep the charger. Looking at the output voltage it measures zero but I don't know what the charging circuitry is. It could turn off with no detectable load. Hmmm. So I bought another "new" charger and hopefully this one will work.

So the question is this: Could the battery be so flat that the unit wouldn't turn on?
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home