Old May 25th 20, 07:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Fun with exponents

On Sun, 24 May 2020 18:24:19 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sun, 24 May 2020 01:03:38 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2020 11:38:17 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Around here, log-log paper is so common that it grows on trees.

FWIW, I recently discovered that our new printer, a Canon TS9565, will,
amongst other patterns, print graph paper on demand. No Log or Log
paper,
now have I been able to discover how to insert it ino the pattern
templates.

Cool. Will the printer do Smith Charts, navigation plotting sheets, or
official NRA targets?

The short answer is yes, if you have a file for them. I suggest postscrit
is more versatile.. This isn't the first printer where you could print
from templates. I first encontered that ability with the early last
printers, where some brands had capacity for an add-on ard disk that
could store form templates.

Those are the few graphs that I print on my color
laser printer. I have PDF and JPG images of all of these, but it would
be nice to have it built into the printer,

that is te convenience of this printer, but I havent been able to find
out how to install my own templates, although this one will take a
SDCard, as per camera photo printing) so I imagine that putting your
files onto an SDcard would give you the same facility.

especially when trying to
convince the printer to emulate an HP-GL plotter.

At one stage I had both an A0 & A3 HP pen plotters and was fiddling with
a programe to convert postscript files to HP-GL. The A0 plotter died when
MS dropped HP-GL from their drivers and the only drivers were for inkjet
large format. Driving a pen plotter like an inkjet was disasterous on the
horizontal drive belt, not to mention printing time.

Bicycle content; not riding today as BoM is recording 24 knot wind
gusts.

Sometime in the next two weeks, I plan to "consolidate" my bicycle parts
and pieces collection into some arrangement where I can actually find
things. When moving things around last week, I overloaded my plastic
toolbox, which dumped all the parts on the floor when the toolbox handle
broke and fell off.

That is the problem with plastic, it has a definite shortish life and
dropping a plastic tub full of bicycle bits can usually result in
sweeping up plastic bits with the parts.