Old May 25th 20, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Fun with exponents

On Mon, 25 May 2020 12:16:21 +0200, Sepp Ruf
wrote:

If you're into data visualization, there's plenty mo

https://public.tableau.com/en-us/s/covid-19-viz-gallery
[fixed link inserted]

Thanks. If the quality of the visualization is insufficient, perhaps
the quantity will provide a usable substitute.

Hmmm, at least one seems personally useful to me,
https://public.tableau.com/profile/yuzo.tokutani#!/vizhome/Covid19-Chiba/sheet0
I imagine it shows the virus count on my Chiba pair of cycling gloves,
washed only occasionally.

Google translate couldn't do anything with the Japanese GIF file but
did successfully translate the URL in the lower left corner. You're
probably ok if you wash your gloves in diluted Clorox. Gloves are
useful to prevent you from touching your face.

Has Fauxi also tampered with data from Europe?

Not that I know about. However, since everyone is ignoring CDC, WHO,
and Trump administration guidelines for cause of death and how to
count infections, active infections, and deaths, I suppose it's
possible. These days, anyone with a computah can be an
epidemiologist.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/cdc-and-states-are-misreporting-covid-19-test-data-pennsylvania-georgia-texas/611935/
The government’s disease-fighting agency is conflating
viral and antibody tests, compromising a few crucial metrics
that governors depend on to reopen their economies.
Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, and other states are doing
the same.
Despite the CDC admitting that it made a giant blunder that was
unlikely to have been accidental, I'm not seeing any evidence of the
numbers being unscrambled.

This is a month old, but seems to still be a problem:
"Why America is probably undercounting coronavirus deaths"
https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/04/20/covid-count

"How COVID-19 Deaths Are Counted"
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-covid-19-deaths-are-counted1/
Assigning a cause of death is never straightforward, but
data on excess deaths suggest coronavirus death tolls
are likely an underestimate.

Nice list of mortality rates in Europe. It will be interesting
reading.

AT
https://www.statistik.at/web_en/statistics/PeopleSociety/population/deaths/122945.html
https://www.statistik.at/web_en/press/123052.html