Old May 25th 20, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Fun with exponents

On Mon, 25 May 2020 12:09:29 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 5/24/2020 9:24 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I play piano and keyboard synthesizer, but somewhere along the line, I
forgot to learn how to read music. So, I play by ear and don't need
music paper.

I play by ear too, but I find that sheet music is a useful resource, if
only for reminders of how a tune starts. Give me the first measure or
two (the "incipits") and I'm good to go on many, many tunes. But I have
"the dots" for hundreds stored in an app on my phone. I'm a competent
reader.

That doesn't work for the way my brain is wired. I simply can't go
from sheet music to keyboard without fumbling. Sight reading is a
lost cause for me. I gave up long ago. I'm also not very good at
hearing a tune, and then playing it, although I can eventually manage
to play something that vaguely resembles the original. Worse, I
rarely play anything twice the same way, which allows me considerable
creative license, complete with mistakes and failed experiments. So,
I'm relegated to perpetual improvisation, which doesn't really require
sheet music. Judge for yourself (and try to ignore my numerous
mistakes):
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/music/

Korg DSS-1 repair:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/Korg_DSS-1/

I just dug through the manual on my HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw
printer and couldn't find anything under the usual buzzwords
(template, overlay, form, watermark, background, etc). Thanks for the
clues and I'll do some more digging when I have more time.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D