Old November 29th 20, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_6_]

Default How little inventory is out there

On 29/11/2020 17:23, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/29/2020 10:55 AM, jbeattie wrote:

There were and are supply chain issues, but it seems like the
demand planners really fell on their faces, too.

I'm not sure we can fault them. Bike sales suddenly jumped something
like 75% over the previous year. Even if a bike company had all the
necessary stock on hand - which would be impossible - it would be
very tough to ramp up production by such a large amount.

Going to flood the second hand market in 12-24 months :-)

"Just in time" inventory control can normally save companies very
significant money. But it makes it much harder to respond to this
once-in-a-career surge.