Old April 13th 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default You don't need an expensive bike helmet to ride safely---BHSI LabTests Finds no difference between expensive and cheap helmets.

On Apr 13, 12:39*am, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,
*Jay Beattie wrote:
*It struck me after finishing
up that I was endorsing gardening helmets. I'm sorry.

No reason to apologize. *Gardening safety is every bit as important as
bicycle safety. *There are tree branches, acorns, shovels and pickaxes. *
It's scary out there and better safe than sorry.

Oddly enough - and a true story - last fall I was mowing the lawn when
I suddenly found myself surrounded by tree branches. Turns out a
large limb had broken off our big Siberian elm. When it fell, its
branches surrounded me but missed me. The thickest section, about 4"
diameter, fell within about a foot of two of my head.

- Frank Krygowski