Old January 27th 11, 02:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Opus[_2_]

Default Confirmed: No bicycles in Heaven!

On Jan 26, 1:24*pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of
the deep jungle" wrote:
On Jan 26, 12:30*pm, Opus wrote:
snip
I think what the person you were communicating with was saying was
that should we need transportation in Heaven, we would not need to
exert ourselves doing so, not that there were fleets of SUVs carrying
people around. Of course in an infinitely large space over an
infinitely large surface, any transportation system eventually becomes
useless if it runs at a finite speed like all vehicular systems must.
SUVs, scooters, and even bicycles would be mere diversions in Heaven,
which would violate the stated purpose of praising the God that
brought us there, endlessly. From my point of view the only difference
between the way Heaven and Hell are depicted is the means of torment,
Hell being physical and Heaven being psychological.

In other words, cyclists suffer both Heaven and Hell. Heaven is the
promise, but Heaven is the reality.

If we got nothing to do up there though what's the point of being
there? Heaven will be Hell!

Even my parrots go crazy when I don't provide them something to do.

But we will have something to do in Heaven, we will be endlessly
singing praises to Gawd after being blessed with perfect singing
voices, which means that Gawd is such an insecure sociopath that He
must be endlessly praised, or that Heaven is utter Bunk as a concept.
Given that Christians can't stand to have anything that contradicts
their Bible taught in our schools (or even anything they think might
contradict what's in their imaginary bible), either one is a good
working hypothesis.