Old July 21st 20, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Tire width

On 7/21/2020 12:08 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:

snip

At the moment I'm trying to compare Continental GP 5000 25 mm tires (7 bar pressure) on my Canyon Aeroad (7.2 kg) with Continental GP 5000 32 mm tires (5 bar pressure) on my Moots gravel bike (9.2 kg) both on the same Zipp rims. After several rides I still can't draw any conclusions. I only noticed and surprised that I am pretty fast on that tank of a gravel bike with aerodynamics of a hippo. I'm very pleased with that.

I wish the manufacturers would also specify tire height. On road
bicycles with caliper brakes and limited clearance the height matters.