Old August 20th 05, 05:25 AM
Hank Wirtz

Default [frame sizing] GT Zaskar 2005 - M or L ?

wrote in :

Hello!

I'm around 182 cm (~6 feet) tall. At the moment I ride 18" hardtail
frame which I find slightly too short (the top tube is 55 cm (21.7
inch) long, I don't know the exact horizontal TT measurement, but its
makeshift measurement showed 58 cm (22,83 inch)).

My inseam is 86 cm (33,86 inch). I need a frame for cross coutry races
and marathons. What GT zaskar size would you recommend: M or L? Or
mayby I should look for some 19" frame? Please help.

All the best,

Lechu

FWIW, I'm 6 feet tall and I have a 2003 GT Avalanche in size Medium. It
felt good when I bought it, but I now wish I had a Large. It came with a
300mm seatpost, which I had extended to the minimum insertion line, and was
still too short, so I have a 350mm post now. Top tube feels cramped and it
doesn't have very good climbing traction.

Nonetheless, the Medium Zaskar has a 19mm longer top tube than my Avalanche
(572mm vs. 553mm), longer chainstays and a shallower seat tube angle, and I
think that those changes would address my handling issues with the
Avalanche, so on a Zaskar, medium might be the way to go.