Old November 15th 18, 08:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tanguy Ortolo

Default cleaning the bike

Joerg, 2018-11-15 00:12+0100:
Clean the bike? Why? It ain't Christmas yet.

The last time my bikes have seen water and a sponge was, ahm, well, I
can't even remember. I found that after dried mud reaches a certain
thickness it falls off by itself or washes off during the next rainy
ride. So in essence the bikes clean themselves. Similar with my car.
Only my wife washes hers regularly. I guess women are different.

I concur, being in the exact same situation, except my wife just wants
to wash her bike, but never took time to do so. I am not reminding her,
as I think there are really more useful ways to spend one's time. And by
no means, is she getting anywhere near my bike with water, sponge or
brush!

--
Tanguy