Old December 31st 12, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default entry level lights to see by

On Dec 30, 5:13*pm, SMS wrote:

If you're riding on well-lit streets a dynamo light is sufficient, and
in fact I do use one. I have five wheels with dynamo hubs.

Progress! Thus ends years of Scharf claiming they were totally
inadequate!

But the dynamo output is inadequate in very dark conditions.

.... like Paris-Brest-Paris, where they are very popular? Looks like
some study time is still in order!

The other issue with most dynamo lights is that they lack a strobe mode
which is extremely desirable for daytime use.

:-) How soon till SMS praises Mandatory Daylight Strobe laws? For
safety, of course!

- Frank Krygowski