Old December 19th 10, 03:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Anti-Lycra Brigade?

My views on wearing Lycra are pretty much on record and I have always
thought it's just me. After all, most of the cyclists I encounter on the
streets on Sydney seem to be Lycra-clad with the apparently mandatory
sunnies. Yes, there are some suburbs where I come across several
cyclists who are dressed in normal street clothes, eg Kensington and
Redfern in Sydney where the student population is relatively high and we
all know how much disposable income a student has.

There are some cyclists on whom Lycra look real nice as the material
shows off those soft curvaceous ... eeerrr.. I digress.

Anyway, you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when I came
across the following article. I am glad I am not as alone as I thought I
was I guess it will be a while before I ride sans helmet, as some
cyclists in the article appear to have done, or before I ride a bicycle
with a wicker basket hanging off the front but to know that Lycra is not
necessarily a pre-requisite for riding a bicycle makes me happy

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/wh...ml?from=smh_ft

Must get a move on - a birthday party to attend on the foreshores of
Sydney Harbour around Waverton. Gonna be a late late nite or will that
be early early morning?