Old December 19th 10, 05:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers[_2_]

Default Anti-Lycra Brigade?

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote
Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

My views on wearing Lycra are pretty much on record and I have always
thought it's just me. After all, most of the cyclists I encounter on the
streets on Sydney seem to be Lycra-clad with the apparently mandatory
sunnies. Yes, there are some suburbs where I come across several
cyclists who are dressed in normal street clothes, eg Kensington and
Redfern in Sydney where the student population is relatively high and we
all know how much disposable income a student has.

I tend to wear long woolen tights in the winter, and a pair of cargo
shorts in the summer. In between I have 3/4 lycra for when it's too
hot for the wool and not quite right for the shorts.

That's because I find my usual jeans not that comfortable for cycling
on the 'bent, and I put comfort well above whatever other people might
think.

Non-cyclists think I'm weird for riding a bicycle, cyclists think I'm
weird for riding a 'bent. So won't matter what I'm wearing, they
won't any of them see me as anything but odd.

So I can wear what I feel like. Those who judge by clothing can tut
tut away, who am I to deny them that thrill?

Alas poor upright bike riders who have to worry about things like what
other people think about their clothes. I do feel sorry for them,
really I do!

Who cares about the fashion police?

- who wears what she feels like on the Brompton too, because that's
damn near as weird as the 'bent, so comes under the same headings.

That's an interesting looking bike, but I can't quite see how you use it as
a shopping trolley. Or am I looking at the wrong part of the website?

Theo